Where are my EGGS????

meghannybarra

In the Brooder
Feb 13, 2016
Hello all my expert chicken raisers!

I have a barred rock hen who just started laying along with two other hens in July. My brown leghorn and brown sexlink are laying daily in the coop. However my barred rock is either not laying at all or is laying some place else on my property. I have searched everywhere no eggs! I have even left my chickens in their coop/run for a day in a half and have nothing from her.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

It may be that she is taking a while to get her plumbing sorted out. It can happen.

Meaning she may not be laying yet?

Possibly, or that she laid one or two eggs, then things have gone on a temporary shut down. Some of my pullets have taken up to 6 weeks to get their egg laying on an even keel - others seem to begin laying and do so frequently from day 1.

Possibly, or that she laid one or two eggs, then things have gone on a temporary shut down. Some of my pullets have taken up to 6 weeks to get their egg laying on an even keel - others seem to begin laying and do so frequently from day 1.

ok thanks. These are my first chickens...I am learning a lot but I am no expert :)
They really love being free ranging birds so I do hate keeping them in....they don't seem to like it either!

Last edited:
ok thanks. These are my first chickens...I am learning a lot but I am no expert :)
They really love being free ranging birds so I do hate keeping them in....they don't seem to like it either!

You are welcome. I free range my birds too. If i had to keep them in a run, i would not keep them at all.

Back
Top Bottom