Where are my eggs???

My wait is coming to an end. All 3 of my new pullets started to squat within this last week. Their comb and wattles are red, vents moist an open, 2-3 finger spacing between pin bones.

This morning there was quite the ruckus cacaphony from the coop, but when I went out to check, there were only the 3 eggs from my 2 year old hens.

I know my newbies are SOOOO close and it's making the wait even harder!!
When my pullets were of age, I gave them warm water and that helped them start dropping eggs. It worked for me. Good Luck! they are worth the wait ;)

View attachment 1268153 Thare she blows!! Got 1 cute little pullet egg today in addition to my 3 older hen's eggs. Here is a Large egg from my 2 year old EE and the new little pullet egg... now if only I knew who done it
Probably the barred rock based on color. Although not knowing more about the mystery chick, could be her too. A bit light for a maran. But I can’t help but love both your eggs! Beautiful!

Probably the barred rock based on color. Although not knowing more about the mystery chick, could be her too. A bit light for a maran. But I can’t help but love both your eggs! Beautiful!

I am hoping it's the Barred Rock as well!
Here is the mystery chick. Some suspect she may be a
IMG_1508.JPG
Wyandotte mix, so it could be her, but I was hoping for a more interesting egg from her. She has feathered feet and pinkish grey legs. She was sold to us as a Cuckoo Marans (clearly not) but maybe feathered feet as a hold over from that.

And thanks :) the eggs are lovely!

And the faithful girl she is, laid us another today!

Here are her 2 eggs with a slight increase in size
IMG_1535.JPG

Here are all 4 of my layers.
EE lays a large-XLg egg, Golden Sexlink lays a Jumbo egg, and the Australorp Lays a Medium-Lg egg.
IMG_1536.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1536.JPG
    IMG_1536.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 0
I can see the Wyandotte and Maran mix. My guess is you’ll get a dark brown egg from the maran side of things but not chocolate. Maybe a shade darker than your golden sexlink. Your eggs are stunning! I can’t wait for mine! Few more weeks I hope!

I can see the Wyandotte and Maran mix. My guess is you’ll get a dark brown egg from the maran side of things but not chocolate. Maybe a shade darker than your golden sexlink. Your eggs are stunning! I can’t wait for mine! Few more weeks I hope!
Post pics when you do!!!

Back
Top Bottom