Where can I buy chicks around Austin, TX???

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Teepov, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Teepov

Teepov Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Hello All,
    I'm trying to find someone or someplace that sells chicks in the Austin area, outside of the typical production varieties; not necessarily rare, but since I own chickens for their companionship [​IMG] and beauty, I like having interesting breeds and am not interested in their egg laying abundance.
    I had used Hill Country Poultry, but they are no longer in business. I have tried Callahan's, BuckMoore and Craigslist. Currently, however, none of these has many chicks, especially that aren't heavy production birds.

I am specifically looking for Dorkings and Faverolles, as I recently my two favorite and friendliest girls (who I miss so much!!), but I am interested in all breeds. If you know of anyone, or of a place please let me know! I prefer chicks to full grown hens or pullets.

You can PM me, email me: [email protected], or text: 850 591 4859.

Thank you so much!

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Ideal Poultry, which is the largest distributor of chicks in the USA and has a huge selection of breeds, is located in Cameron, TX, about 70 miles NE of Austin. I've gotten chicks from Ideal on a number of occasions and have been happy with their birds and service.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by