Where can i buy some blue hen of delaware chickens?

Sorry for the delay. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the new blue hen of Delaware line that has Andalusian blood in them but recently was out crossed to the original type? It will be a while on the original pure strain but I was just curious if anyone is interested in the other strain.
Definitely interested in adding a pure blue hen or cross to my flock. Im actually looking for 6, as a matter of fact!

Well, I am not sure what my status is at this point
tongue.png
I had to part with my only roo due to him being a mean bugger and after 2 years of my kids not being able to go out without being armed for battle, he had to go to a friends house. I'm unsure what I am going to from here on, I have my hands full with some other things but I can certainly help anyone who is looking for some Blue Hens!

You should definitely do some reading up and research, although it is hard to find anything on the actual bird. If you have any questions Ranchie or myself can answer any questions you may have.
Hi Bec, I am brand new to the forum. My family and I are getting started with raising chickens soon and we would love to get some Delaware Blue Hens. I've been trying to figure out where we could locate some for sale and stumbled across this old thread. Do you still raise/sell them, or would you happen to know someone who does? We have family who live in Delaware if that is where they are mostly found and if that is where we need to go to get them. Thanks for your help!

Hi Bec, I am brand new to the forum. My family and I are getting started with raising chickens soon and we would love to get some Delaware Blue Hens. I've been trying to figure out where we could locate some for sale and stumbled across this old thread. Do you still raise/sell them, or would you happen to know someone who does? We have family who live in Delaware if that is where they are mostly found and if that is where we need to go to get them. Thanks for your help!
Did you ever find any?

Yes the university does breed them believe me I checked. I have probably talked to Dr. Bob Alphin for an hour on the phone not to mention Karen Gouge the poultry farm manager and at one point the university crossed the original blue hen of Delaware with Blue Andalusians to get a more blue bird . I have tracked down one of the last sources of the original type and after I get some they will get out of breeding them I will be getting stock and I will be preserving the breed and will offer them for sale in a few months so if you are looking for some of the last original type blue hen of Delaware please don't hesitate to private message me.
I know it has been 5years since you posted about delaware blue hens, did you extablish a flock looking to buy. thanks

Back
Top Bottom