Where can i buy these ingrediants?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ninjascrub69, Oct 7, 2010.

1. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
  2. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    What is Aragonite? Is it a mineral supplement? Where do you get it?

Does the premix you are asking about have all 9 ingredients mixed together? Have you heard about a mix like this or just hoping to find one?

3. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Quote:I got the mix from backyardpoultry.com, and i dont remember what it is but if you click on the link and scroll down i think it tells you.

4. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Aragonite is a form of calcium added to feed. Most of the premix ingredients can be bought from a supplier of the Fertrell company (www.fertrell.com) in PA or from Countryside Naturals in VA. Fertrell has a list of their dealers on their website. If you read Harvery Ussery's follow up to this article, he later dropped some of the supplements & quit grinding the grains, but his flock free ranges most of the time. I'm finally going to try a simpler list of ingredients for a whole grain ration for my chickens. I'm going with peas, oats, wheat, fish meal & nutri balancer. You will have to look around locally for peas or order from a place like Countryside. The Fertrell dealer near me makes soy-free feed, so I now have access to peas. He gets organic peas from North Dakota. Hope this helps.

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Ask around at your local feed mills, too. See what they have available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by