where can I get antibiotic for infection in hens foot?

Loralee

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2018
My girl had bumblefoot did the surgery and removed core have been soaking in epsom salt and using triple antibiotic salve on dressing . It has been about a week and her foot is still swollen hot and puss is coming out of wound. I feel she needs antibiotic but dont' know where to purchase it. Please help

My girl had bumblefoot did the surgery and removed core have been soaking in epsom salt and using triple antibiotic salve on dressing . It has been about a week and her foot is still swollen hot and puss is coming out of wound. I feel she needs antibiotic but dont' know where to purchase it. Please help
Welcome to BYC!
Where do you live?

I am new to this site and I asked for help on this matter but no one has answered am I doing this post wrong?

I am new to this site and I asked for help on this matter but no one has answered am I doing this post wrong?
If you live in the USA (except Califoronia) you can go to Tractor Supply and see what they have or you can order antibiotics for fish or order from gamebird or pigeon websites.

If you live in California where all antibiotics require prescriptions you will have to buy fish antibiotics or antibiotics from a gamebird or pigeon supply website.

IMG_2915.JPG
@Loralee, could you post some pictures of the foot and the pus?
i am new to this site and don't know much about it but i will try to put the pic on here for you to see . I have been soaking in hot epsom salt and giving her a half of cephalexin tablet the bottom look clear of any spots that may be bumblefoot again thank you for any help I just dont' know what else to do for her

Back
Top Bottom