WHERE CAN I GET JUST ONE CHICKEN TO LIVE WITH MY EE CHICKEN??

DarleneE

Songster
9 Years
Feb 9, 2014
Riverview, Fla
i am re-homing my BR hen because she has become too aggressive for my gentle little EE. She's not letting her eat, go in the coup and now even problems with them roosting together.

However I cannot leave her alone either as she's still dependent on being with the BR even though she is doing all this to her. She would not thrive alone I'm certain.

Sooooooo, I would love to get either A Silkie, a Turken or another EE. I PREFER the Turken however I really think. I'd ESP LOVE to have A WHITE Turken with the black neck!!

Is there any breeders of these birds anywhere in our area by any chance?? I know they won't ship just 1 or 2 birds so I'd have to get one locally. We are in the Brandon /Riverview area in Florida.
PLEASE if anyone can help me find one of these birds.. ESP THE turken.. let me know??!!
Thank you in advance for any help provided!!

Birds of a feather flock together is so very true. Are these the only two chickens you have? I would suggest getting another Barred or Something similar and another EE. But, no matter what breeds you inter mix, you will always have the "pecking order" to deal with. My RIR's were at the top, barred rock under them and it trickles down. Silkies are so cute and I've been told will hatch all eggs no matter if it is a chicken egg or not.

I think I've actually almost 100% really decided I want a Turken or Naked Neck as they're called. They say they're almost dog like they're so tame and friendly and they are about the most hearty and healthy chicken you can get!!

That all being said... I think that's the chicken for me!!

They are funny and sooooo loud lol! My brother in law has a lot running on his farm. But I'm not sure where you'd find them. I'm states away.

Last edited:
jlashaw,

A BR is the chicken I'm going to REHOME!! Due to her aggressive nature!! Another one is the LAST thing I need!! Lol Also as I said, I can ONLY HAVE a total of 2 chickens. My husband won't allow me more than that. Sooooooo I need one hen to keep my little EE company.
Thanks for writing

jlashaw,

Does he have the Naked Necks running around or did you mean the Silkies??

Wow if it's the Naked Necks, can you ask him if he knows any breeders down my way that I can get one from??

Thank you again

jlashaw,

Does he have the Naked Necks running around or did you mean the Silkies??

Wow if it's the Naked Necks, can you ask him if he knows any breeders down my way that I can get one from??

Thank you again
I meant the Turkins. Try the BYC thread that is for buying, selling and trading. I would also try to locate a thread that's for your state. I've found one for Spokane WA so it's not impossible. You can also order started pullets from hatcheries. There's a thread on BYC that lists hatcheries. Google hatcheries in your area, As well as Craigslist and animal rescues. Good luck!

Last edited:
There is a poultry show and swap day at the fairgrounds in Lake City,Fla. Jan.9th. Check for a website for the Sunshine Classic or Padgettspoultry.com for more info.

Back
Top Bottom