Where can I get some Buff Orpingtons besides a hatchery?

zestokasis

Songster
11 Years
Aug 17, 2012
I have been searching all over the internet for a breeder that sells and ships Buff Orpington chicks but I can't find anything? A couple of places ship eggs but not chicks. I figure that BYC is going to give me the best chance of finding what I want. So how about it anyone got any names you can give me?

Hinckjc poultry in Pa has beautiful buff Orpingtons.
Yeah I found their site earlier in my searches but their chicks are for pick-up only and it's too far of a drive for me to do that.
sad.png

I got my Buffs from My Pet Chicken who gets them from Meyer (which is in Ohio)..

Love them, they are very pretty and healthy buffs as well.
Diane

Thanks ChickenPlus for your post but they are a hatchery.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. Am new to the hobby and wonder why you prefer to buy from a breeder rather than a hatchery. I am still looking for new hens and assumed that if they are vaccinated and not de-beaked, then all should be OK. I have nothing to do with Townline, and are considering them because they are close enough to pick up instead of ship.

Without being negative to any hatcheries, what are the pros and cons of buying from a breeder rather than from a hatchery? I am on a huge learning curve. Thanks. ChickensPlus

Well everybody has their own opinions but in my opinion most breeders have better quality and better looking chickens. They tend to not have as many different breeds as a hatchery as so they can focus their attentions to detail in producing quality chickens as opposed to quantity. Not saying that you can't get good chickens from a hatchery because I know that you can, but not the same quality as a breeder. It's really all in what your after.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom