Where can I rescue hens in Colorado?

chikndash

Hatching
Sep 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I unfortunately ended up with 2 roosters in my 4 bird flock, so I need to give one up :(. I would like to get two or three more hens for my existing rooster, but I would rather find two rescue hens instead of buying more from a breeder. Does anyone know where I can find rescue hens in Colorado?

Thanks!

Owenp_2

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
Middle of North Carolina
Hello everyone,

I unfortunately ended up with 2 roosters in my 4 bird flock, so I need to give one up :(. I would like to get two or three more hens for my existing rooster, but I would rather find two rescue hens instead of buying more from a breeder. Does anyone know where I can find rescue hens in Colorado?

Thanks!
Look around on here under threads and go to the rescue category.

Percheron chick

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 12, 2013
Hudson, Colorado
Where are you? The super large factory farms all seem to be in Weld county. I would think you could find cottage industry egg producers that only have 100-250 hens (sell at farmers market and CL) easily. It's that time of year.

Also, check poultryshowcentral.com for your state, or do an iso (in-search-of) advertisement, which is free. Poultry Show Central is better than Craigslist because it's mostly poultry people looking at it.

Top Bottom