1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where can I ???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chicks rule, May 11, 2007.

1. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Anyone know where to find good pics of older chicks for I.D. purposes. I have two chicks I can't remember what they are??? they are reddish with black dots on the heads, probably around 8 weeks old. Thanks

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

If you post good pics of them on here someone will be able to identify them for you.

Lori

3. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Last edited: May 14, 2007
  4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    As keljonma suggests, feathersite is the best place to start.
    You can also check several on line hatcheries for their pics of chicks and make comparisons that way.
    Good luck!

5. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Thanks Keljonma, I haven't seen the coloring that these two have yet, have been looking at alot of the hatchery sites, but, they are either chicks or adults these are in between??? I did figure out that another two I have are red sex links. I guess maybe I will have to wait until they get older and their truc colors come through, Oh the waiting,lol. Anyway I was just curious, I checked my receipts from the farm store and I'm not so sure about their listing of what I may have thought I was buying??? I just know they are gorgeous whatever they may be. Thanks again everyone for your help.
    I will try to get some pics, I have to go to the neighbors to have them download from my camera it wont work with my silly computer?

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I emailed MM witha photo and the girl there emails me back with what the breed is. You could try that route.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by