Where can you buy Flubenvet in the US?

SafeGuard is actually fenbendazole, but it is pretty much equal to flubendazole or flubenvet. Albendazole or Valbazen is probably even better, but all 3 are very good wormers.
I have a few chickens that are wheezing and seem to have a hard time breathing,,,i got some VETRX and it seems to be working, but do i need FLUBENOL....I dont see any worms in their feces could it just be that throat worm that they can get

I am SO frustrated! It seems if your chicken has gapeworm and live in CA it is a death sentence because it is impossible to buy treatment here. We have no farm vets close by, even though this is a rural area and even if you can find Flubenol or SafeGuard or Ivermicin they will not ship to CA

I am SO frustrated! It seems if your chicken has gapeworm and live in CA it is a death sentence because it is impossible to buy treatment here. We have no farm vets close by, even though this is a rural area and even if you can find Flubenol or SafeGuard or Ivermicin they will not ship to CA
You can get Safeguard for goats at Tractor Supply.

You're not going to find Flubenol anywhere in the U.S.

This is one brand name for the drug flubendazole. It is sold in the US as Safeguard goat wormer, and no doubt some other brand names, as well. It is available at my feed store, and no doubt from online sources such as Amazon and JeffersLivestock..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/732910/deworming-experience-from-start-to-finish/0_20
Safeguard has 10 percent Levamisole which is the active ingredient in Flubenvet. Safeguard is for intestinal worms and will not kill adult gape worms, which is why I’m trying to find it. I’ve have Safeguard, have used IM Ivermectin also, but best course of defense is Levamisole for gape worm. Done A LOT of research in Veterinary books and it’s right on Wikipedia on gape worm how to treat. Depends on parasite.

Safeguard has 10 percent Levamisole which is the active ingredient in Flubenvet. Safeguard is for intestinal worms and will not kill adult gape worms, which is why I’m trying to find it. I’ve have Safeguard, have used IM Ivermectin also, but best course of defense is Levamisole for gape worm. Done A LOT of research in Veterinary books and it’s right on Wikipedia on gape worm how to treat. Depends on parasite.
I disagree with some of your statements. SafeGuard does treat gapeworms with a 5 day dose of 1/4 ml per pound. Can you post any info about levamisole being an ingredient in Flubenvet? I believe that levamisole, flubendazole, and fenbendazole (SafeGuard, and albendazole (Valbazen) are all separate drugs. Each one can be used to worm chickens. Flubendazole is only available in the UK or Europe. Levamisole is not commonly used in the US as much as it used to be because the others are much safer. Levamisole was once used to cut and dilute heroin, and it also has been used in cancer treatment, but has not been too readily available. Jefferspet sells it under the name Prohibit online for those who still want to use it. It is used more in other countries.

Easily look up gapeworm on Wikipedia and any DVM reference. My Safeguard bottle I just pulled from the fridge says “Fenbendazole only” w no levamisole in it. I’ll google it also. This is a intestinal worms, not gape worms, although a few references says it will treat them. I have also run across another DVM reference that says Ivermectin on the back of the neck will help gape worm. You guys have had chickens and I have an adult turkey and adult turkeys have a tendency to carry them per Veterinary references. I have also done 3 day IM injection of Ivermectin from a licensed DVM, which helped a little. Gapeworm requires a longer treatment period. I haven’t been on this page in a while, so I did not see your post.

I’m not using Safeguard right now, or Pyrantel, because she doesn’t have intestinal parasites. Done a lot more research. And you are correct, these are separate wormers. Where you can get some amazing products and they seem to get around regs is Jedds for racing pigeons that a turkey breeder turned me on to. There are other sources that carry the same products, but I love their descriptions of how to use the products and I just have to adjust the dosages per body weight. Amazing resource of information for all bird meds. Attached photo of my Safeguard for reference FYI only. I’m not new to animal husbandry I’m in working with horses for well over 55 years in a darn good vet tech with them

Back
Top Bottom