Where can you get Tylan soluble without an RX?

The chicken dose is 50 mg per pound of bodyweight per day.
https://www.drugs.com/vet/tylosin-soluble-powder.html
View attachment 1921743
Thank you so much. However, this dosage is really hard to measure, and dose for each bird in a larger flock. Does anyone know what the mg per pound of body weight dosage is for pigeons? If it is the same as it is for chickens, (which is 50 mg per pound of body weight per day,) then the soluble concentration would also need to be the same. That is basically what I am hoping for, because measuring 50 mg of powder and measuring every single one of the chickens in my flock of 20+ birds for body weight would be very difficult.

Thank you so much. However, this dosage is really hard to measure, and dose for each bird in a larger flock. Does anyone know what the milligrams per pound of body weight dosage is for pigeons? If it is the same as it is for chickens, (which is 50 mg per pound of body weight per day,) then the soluble concentration would also need to be the same. That is basically what I am hoping for, because measuring 50 mg of powder and measuring every single one of the chickens in my flock of 20+ birds for body weight would be very difficult.
Tylan Soluble powder is 100% tylosin, so one gram contains 1000 mg of tylosin.
The powder you have is 20% tylosin, so one gram contains 200 mg of tylosin.

The chicken directions say to use 2000 mg per gallon, so if you want to use it like you would use Tylan Soluble, use 10 grams per gallon.

It would be best if you had a gram scale, but if you don't, you can assume that one teaspoon weighs 2.5 to 2.7 grams, so one teaspoon = 500 to 540 mg.

This is for 100% Tylan powder, your powder contains 1/5 the tylosin.
tylan powder.png

Based on all the above, I would use 4 teaspoons per gallon.

Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom