Where can you go to get a couple of chickens slaughtered/processed in Grand Rapids, MI???

wheresmypeeps

Chirping
9 Years
May 19, 2011
Grand Rapids, Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Where can you go to get a couple of chickens slaughtered/processed... whatever you call it, in Grand Rapids, MI??? I can't find anyone, and I even spoke to a butcher here and a turkey butchering company here and they have no resources to share/recommend.
idunno.gif
Thanks so much!!

Last edited:
If you really have only a couple then my best idea is to go to the "where are you" forum and make a post in the Michigan thread looking for help around there. there are several members who live in your area and one of them might be able to help. one of them might be planning to process soon and do it for you for a small fee.??

if however you have more than just a couple, I can point you toward a place down south of Kalamazoo that does a nice job for about $3 each vacuum sealed and ready for the freezer. google "yo-mill grazers" and you should find the phone number, no web page though.

Jerry

Last edited:
Give us a call.....Munsell's Poultry Processing. We are located in Fowlerville, MI.

Thank you so much, Munsell's Poultry Processing... I will keep you in mind for future need! I need to be more prepared the next time (in the fall). We hope to not need any further 'processing' until then. Unfortunately we were in an immediate need/pinch. We cannot have roosters, and we had two roosters. :(

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone can help me. For health reasons I need to regularly make bone broth from scratch. Is there a source of chicken bones, feet, scraps, etc. I could have or buy? I live just west of Grand Rapids. I can't believe how hard this is! Thank you!

If you really have only a couple then my best idea is to go to the "where are you" forum and make a post in the Michigan thread looking for help around there. there are several members who live in your area and one of them might be able to help. one of them might be planning to process soon and do it for you for a small fee.??

if however you have more than just a couple, I can point you toward a place down south of Kalamazoo that does a nice job for about $3 each vacuum sealed and ready for the freezer. google "yo-mill grazers" and you should find the phone number, no web page though.

Jerry
I would drive to Kalamazoo. I have 16 chickens to be killed and processed

Back
Top Bottom