Where did my egg go!!!????

backyardchickenfarmer

Songster
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
Toms river, New jersey
hello guys, yesterday i had an egg pipping under 3 broody hens so i marked the egg so i could easily find, well today i went out to the coop and was trying to see if the egg had hatched, well the egg disapeard! its no were to be found, no shell, nothing, do you think the chickens ate it? i would think there ba a carcass or something, but nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! it just vanished, what do you guys think happened? they atacked my last chick they hatched and killed it but they left the baby chick, this is one GONE! Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
They ate it! I had the same thing happen in February! Kinda nasty to think about!
sickbyc.gif

ok, well i candled them and i have 3 more that are fertile, so i put them back under and marked them but this time, if and when the start to pip, im going to bring them to my neighbors incubator to do the rest of the hatching. Thanks for the fast reply, i feel so bad for the little guy
sad.png
that would have bin my first hatch ever and i was so looking forward to it:( thanks again for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom