Where did they go?

Quote:
Are you saying their was a native pheasant?

Yes, look at the link I provided above, the wild one and stocked one look close but they are not. You can notice the differences though.

Quote:
Are you saying their was a native pheasant?

Yes, look at the link I provided above, the wild one and stocked one look close but they are not. You can notice the differences though.

That link talks about ringnecks, which I though are all from Asia. Am I wrong?

Quote:

Like I said before, all pheasants are from Asia/eastern Europe. I dont think there are any pheasants native to the area west of the caucaus mountains. They were introduced to the rest of the world. Here in the US the native gamebirds we have are grouse and quail (which doesnt include gamebirds like woodcocks and mallards)

Quote:

Like I said before, all pheasants are from Asia/eastern Europe. I dont think there are any pheasants native to the area west of the caucaus mountains. They were introduced to the rest of the world. Here in the US the native gamebirds we have are grouse and quail (which doesnt include gamebirds like woodcocks and mallards)

Yeah the only pheasant that lives anywhere else is the congo peacock in Africa.

Back
Top Bottom