Where did you get your best chick assortment??

nutz4critters

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
NW Alabama
At a future date (namely after payday when I'm not broke from buying chicken food
), I would like to get an assortment of chicks.

Sandhill has an end-of-season thing that sounds good, only it has to be paid for relatively soon and isn't shipped out until October or so. And a couple of the breeds I think I'd want are already sold out for the entire season.

Where did you guys get your assortments of "hmmm, now what chick IS that!?" ? Where would you NOT recommend getting an assortment package?

BTW, I'm mostly considering standard breeds. I've thought about a bantam cochin mix, but thought is all I've done.

Have a great week!

Mary

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
13 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
I'm sure you can get a good asortment at any hatchery. However, I'm bias and have to say my most interesting assortments come from back yard mutt eggs. Never know what you will get!

imprimis

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
The Thumb, MI
Well, I should be receiving 25 assorted brown egger's tomorrow from Meyer's. I hope I get a nice assortment. I was hoping they'd arrive today since they were shipped yesterday, no such luck. I hope they won't get too cold........ Any one else order their assortment?????

Top Bottom