1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where did you get your best chick assortment??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by nutz4critters, Apr 6, 2008.

1. nutz4critters

nutz4critters Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
    NW Alabama
    At a future date (namely after payday when I'm not broke from buying chicken food [​IMG] ), I would like to get an assortment of chicks.

Sandhill has an end-of-season thing that sounds good, only it has to be paid for relatively soon and isn't shipped out until October or so. And a couple of the breeds I think I'd want are already sold out for the entire season.

Where did you guys get your assortments of "hmmm, now what chick IS that!?" ? Where would you NOT recommend getting an assortment package?

BTW, I'm mostly considering standard breeds. I've thought about a bantam cochin mix, but thought is all I've done.

Have a great week! [​IMG]
    Mary

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I'm sure you can get a good asortment at any hatchery. However, I'm bias and have to say my most interesting assortments come from back yard mutt eggs. Never know what you will get!

3. imprimis

imprimis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    The Thumb, MI
    Well, I should be receiving 25 assorted brown egger's tomorrow from Meyer's. I hope I get a nice assortment. I was hoping they'd arrive today since they were shipped yesterday, no such luck. I hope they won't get too cold........ Any one else order their assortment?????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by