Where do free range chcikens lay eggs??

You can tell if they're laying if you don't open their coop till noon one day. If there are no eggs, they probably aren't laying yet.

Good luck finding outdoor nests! It's like an Easter Egg hunt, and they're good at hiding eggs!

And it seems just when I find a nest, and take all but one or two eggs, they figure it out and find a new place to lay! I wouldn't mind them laying outside if I could find their eggs.

But now that winter's coming, I imagine I won't be finding too many more outdoor nests. The brush disappears in winter!

Mine peeps are 5 months old and just started laying, I have ameraucanas. I ordered wooden eggs from Casey's wood products, my grandchildren painted them light blue and pink (they had a ball doing it ) and we put the eggs in the nestboxes, 2 days later my hens started laying in the nest , just in time...I love my peeps. I let my peeps out to free range after lunch, by then their through laying for the day. ~Charm1704

yeah usually they start layin at 6 months, did you start them on egg laying pellets yet? that could help too.. My last free range hen would always lay behind one bush, except some nights we would lock her up if it was cold, she would lay in the little doggie carrier

Back
Top Bottom