Where do I buy 2" by 4" wire and Hardware cloth.............

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

for a good price?

I am only getting $140 a week at my job. I am planning on making at least 3 breeding/broody pens inside this 8' by 10' stall inside my coop. It used to be my chicken coop until we made a safer coop. + it will be a better and warmer place for my chickens to roost in the winter. But I need that kind of wire to keep them safe from predators.

I'm gonna use chicken wire to seperate the chickens from one another. Not to make the pens itself.

I am gonna use the pens for breeding pens when I want purebred eggs from my RIR's, breeding RSL's, & breeding BSL's. I will also use 1 of them for my Barred Japanese bantam cockeral Salt and a barred Jap pullet if I can find one.

2. GLBRWyans

GLBRWyans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    Quote:Regular chicken wire is a lot cheaper than hardware cloth . Screen door wire is not real expensive , not the best for protection , but maybe you could double it . Look at Hardwireman .com I think is the sight , but shipping cost is horrible . The wire you want is going to be expensive .

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by