Where do I buy tylan? I want the powder kind

I've found one of the cheapest and best places to buy medications, vitamins, and some other products is Jefferspet.com

http://www.jefferslivestock.com/search.asp?camid=LIV&sc=liv&ss=tylan&search-submit=GO

I would echo what the others have said about the risk of injecting into the breast or anywhere else really. You have to be really careful. A vet is probably not available to you and vets can be expensive, but it would be helpful to have one show you how to do a safe injection. Or, another bird breeder who has experience doing it.

The powder is also available at Cutler Supply. I have to agree I've had the best luck using the injectible. Trouble with mixing the powder in their water is you cannot control how much they are actually getting where the injection gets into the system quickly.

Thank you all for your replies. I did order some of the powder kind. If it has to be injected I would fall over. Scared to death of needles. I'll take her to the vet and clean their stalls for swap. Whew!

Quote:

I just keep Tylan 50 injectable on hand, when you have a problem give a couple cc's right in the breast ,might take a day or two maybe three, but if you can't catch them again, they'll be okay! I'm not a vet, but an old guy that had had peafowl fo lots of years told me that at the first sign of respiratory problem, give them a shot ,if they still have a problem the next day give them another shot, I've done this for the last 4 or 5 years (haven' lost any since using it) don't have to treat everybody just because one has a problem!! I'm not a vet, just passing on info from an old raiser! GOOD LUCK!!!!
Where do you purchase this from? All the links posted here are not found anymore

Where do you purchase this from? All the links posted here are not found anymore
Two problems with the advice given above; Tylan 50 is too weak and needs to be given in 4 x the dosage of Tylan 200. Do not buy the 50, get 200 instead. A one ml shot of the 200 would have to be 4.0ml of the 50 and that is a huge amount to inject.

Tylan is never to be injected IM (in the muscle) all RX data says to give it SQ meaning just under the skin. Injecting into the muscle will cause necrosis killing the muscle where injected.

My favorite spot to inject is on the side of the breast under the front of the wing. Lift up some feathers to expose a bare area so you can see the needle under the skin.

Tylan can be bought at most of the farm stores without a prescription.
IMG_6575.JPG

Back
Top Bottom