Where Do I Get This Coop?

haha!! if only you saw me and my handy work. trust me - buying it would be the better way to go
tongue.png

is that a specific store or is it a major type of store... we have stores... that sell tractors lol

rosyposyosy,

Here is a link for the maker of the Hutch that you want, in your area...
http://www.waremfginc.com/retailers.asp?S=Oregon

mdbucks,

Yes, you are right, building your own is cheaper BUT I am in a situation where my carpenter/woodworker husband has been working close to 60 hours a week, he usus the only vehicle we own and we live rural so me and power tools don't happen when he isn't home.
wink.png
Safety first!!!

We needed a quick fix for chick space and it worked for us at the time, when time was of the essence. Besides, I'm working on building up my credit right now and it was a perfect excuse!!!
lau.gif

Dawn

Hello, Hope I am not too late. I just purchased the hutch at McMurray Hatchery, which is online. Total I believe was $184.50 and that included the hutch + Roosting Bar+Nest Box and Shipping. Roosting bar is included and I just added the Nest Box. Steph

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly the one I have. I got it from Mypetchicken.com but its from Ware Manufacturing. I also got the run that goes with it.

It's not exactly the best quality thing but I figure for a small (2-3 hens) beginner flock it will do for now.

You can see photos of the finished coop on my blog, www.thebackyardfarmer.blogspot.com

I am still waiting for the hardware for the run to come, so that's not built yet. I've had some major delays getting the hardware (which wasn't included in the box by mistake) but it looks fairly simple.

with the shipping with mcmurray is the shipping just low/is already added on to the price or is it just you live so close to mcmurray?

Have you all noticed, that the U.K. seems to be the only place where there are businesses that make really nice chicken coops?

I'm sure the cost to ship something like that, even if they'd be willing, would be a mortgage payment. Grr!

Susan

Back
Top Bottom