Where do I take my ducks to get their wings clipped??

I have a Indian runner mix and a Muscovy.
This is the diagram I learned on.
LL

Help help!!! I have a month old blue swedish duckling who recently was getting pecked by the other duckling siblings while in their pond. To my shocking realization he was bleeding intensely. It was not his wing I've wondered if he has injured himself roaming our backyard. I've taken him in to get a clean bath and had to help him clean most of the blood off and sprayed his wing with vetrysin as well and I have got him in the pin we use for the ducklings at night and have it blocked off by cage and tarp over the top to keep the rest of our flock out of the pin. Are there any tips I can do to help keep him safe from the others besides what I've done..... are there any suggestions for night time use while he is in recovery and or any other ointments anyone would recommend!!!!

Help help!!! I have a month old blue swedish duckling who recently was getting pecked by the other duckling siblings while in their pond. To my shocking realization he was bleeding intensely. It was not his wing I've wondered if he has injured himself roaming our backyard. I've taken him in to get a clean bath and had to help him clean most of the blood off and sprayed his wing with vetrysin as well and I have got him in the pin we use for the ducklings at night and have it blocked off by cage and tarp over the top to keep the rest of our flock out of the pin. Are there any tips I can do to help keep him safe from the others besides what I've done..... are there any suggestions for night time use while he is in recovery and or any other ointments anyone would recommend!!!!
@LNGSMITH Can you post pics so we can see how much damage is done and where the wounds/s are? usually Veterycin is enough once wound is first cleaned up unless it's very deep then a vet may have to see the wound. Best to keep him separated but where they can still see each other so they don't forget he is part of the flock.

@LNGSMITH
   Can you post pics so we can see how much damage is done and where the wounds/s are? usually Veterycin is enough once wound is first cleaned up unless it's very deep then a vet may have to see the wound.  Best to keep him separated but where they can still see each other so they don't forget he is part of the flock.  

So my husband and I looked when he got home a little bit ago I tried to earlier but the little one was so fussy I couldn't get him to hold still long enough for me to look under his wing. Both my husband and i looked, NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH ON HIM! Atleast it wasn't anything serious however I'm now worried about the other ducklings and whether they will continue to pull out growing feathers..... I'm thinkin they may have gotten more than one feather. Do you suggest me keeping them separated still or would he be ok to go with the flock ???

Back
Top Bottom