Where do the calories go?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
We're calorie counting. We both love popcorn for an evening snack and it's good for a filler.
So I'm reading the nutrition label on the box of microwave popcorn and it says:

3 tbsp. unpopped has 120 calories
1 cup of popped has 15 calories

Where do the other 105 calories go when you pop it?
Anybody know?
hu.gif

And why do they need to list how many calories it has unpopped? Are there people that eat it unpopped?
hu.gif

In my mind, I think its the difference in kernal size. If you have 3 tablespoons of unpopped kernals, think about how many you have. One cup of popped corn seems like it would actually be a significantly less amount of kernals, so there are fewer calories.

But again, that's not fact or anything, just what my mind came up with.

Quote:
That makes sense! Whew! I can stop looking for the hole in the back of the microwave now!

Okay, smartie pants....where does the second sock go when you put them in the dryer?

Quote:
That makes sense! Whew! I can stop looking for the hole in the back of the microwave now!

Okay, smartie pants....where does the second sock go when you put them in the dryer?

The sock monster - DUH!!!

Smartie-pants was right on:

3Tbsps of unpopped kernals would pop up to about 8 cups.

8 X 15=120.

Imp- course not every brand pops exactly the same.

....where does the second sock go when you put them in the dryer?

All washers have a direct pipeline to the garbage disposial, where the spare sock is ground up, it is then returned to the dryer 40 minutes later in the lint trap, just in time for you to wonder if the towels need replacing, of course.

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom