Where do we get fertile eggs or chickens on the Big Island, Hawaii

This is one of my teens. I rescued them about 3 months ago.

Attachments

• 20180627_184647.jpg
    20180627_184647.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 3
Thanks StragestarChickens. We'll keep in touch. I'm still working on my getting my shop put together here, then I'll build the coop, which I haven't got designed yet. But I think we'd like a variety of girls - but no roosters! Don't want the crowing. We can hear at 3am the neighbor's fighting cocks crowing - a bunch of them. They are about 1/4 mile away - they are just barely noticeable here, but they must be loud as hell at their house!

Thanks StragestarChickens. We'll keep in touch. I'm still working on my getting my shop put together here, then I'll build the coop, which I haven't got designed yet. But I think we'd like a variety of girls - but no roosters! Don't want the crowing. We can hear at 3am the neighbor's fighting cocks crowing - a bunch of them. They are about 1/4 mile away - they are just barely noticeable here, but they must be loud as hell at their house!
The silkies and Cochin almost never seem to crow believe it or not. Hens can crow too.

Hens can crow, I didn't know that! I definitely don't want any roosters, certainly not to start. We have a neighbor's house a few hundred feet from ours. I think we'd be interested in getting some hens or pullets (isn't that what you call young female birds? I'm still trying to learn the lingo) from you if you have any you'd like to part with. I read the articles on Silkies and Cochin's - and I'm thinking we should have a few of these in our flock! Docile birds that we can handle would be great. And we'd enjoy having some Ameraucana for the colored eggs too.

I'm still probably a few weeks from having a coop. I'm trying to get my container moved from Ninole down here to Waiohinu - waiting on Conens Freight to get that done. Then I'll be unloading for a week or so, then I can start building!

Back
Top Bottom