Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Hatchery

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
oh right!

I have a lot to consider now lol

Thanks everyone for their great input- it is nice to know everyone does things a little different, breeders, hatch, hatcheries...

@aart , Do you think the light brahama's bossiness would hold true of buff brahamas as well? I really hope not because I ordered one.:he The only other "unknown" breed I got was speckled sussex. I know about faverolles and dominiques unless they just ship me some weirdos.

Hatching eggs! :love There is something so precious and magical about hatching your own and raising them up with love from the moment they enter the world; the first time those little eyes peer up at you and see your face and know you're mama, it's just all so beautiful to me and I love hatching my own babies! Truth be told though, if there were a good breeder near me with the breeds I want/ed, I'd go that route. I don't like all the dstress and risks associated with shipping live chicks.

@aart , Do you think the light brahama's bossiness would hold true of buff brahamas as well? I really hope not because I ordered one.
I have no clue<shrugs> I've had a few lt brahmas and a few dk brahma mixes, they were all pretty assertive, tho not destructively so. My first cockbird was a dk brahma mix he was really mellow.

ETA:for clarification, the brahmas were assertive with the birds, but sweethearts to me.
They hated to be held as chicks despite much handling,
but later would asked to be touched and picked up
I sold the last 2 as pets as they were too sweet to eat.

Last edited:
I guess it is just a wait and see then. A little bit bossy is fine I just don't need a pain in the butt, rooster is filling that role as of late.:)
I have no clue<shrugs> I've had a few lt brahmas and a few dk brahma mixes, they were all pretty assertive, tho not destructively so. My first cockbird was a dk brahma mix he was really mellow.

Back
Top Bottom