Where do you get your pallets? Do you have to pay for them?

kees

Crowing
15 Years
Feb 5, 2008
I went to Home Depot this morning and asked what they did with their pallets. One man said that the pallets are often shipped back to the companies but if people wanted to purchase them, there would be a fee. I asked him to find out what it would cost, figuring that it would be a nominal amount for each one. Imagine my surprise when he came back quoting a price of $15 dollars each! I have to come up with a plan B for making another coop.

Suzy

hmm.png

I dont know where you are , but here in MA there are places that sell them for 5.00 and up for used pallets / ones that need repair, this is the 100 pallet and up pricing. If you go to local printers etc, they might give them to you for free.

good luck

I'm in New York. There's a construction company that gives away pallets for free but their pallets are usually pretty worn and dirty and I wonder if they've been exposed to any undesirable chemicals.

Suzy

frow.gif

we get them free from the flower grower locally, they put them out for people to pick up. Also at the place that sells coal and the flooring store. Keep your eyes open and keep asking. Also look in the phone book, is there a place that makes or repairs pallets? You could get them there too.

I've seen clean ones stacked at the feed store, but for some reason I feel really shy about asking if I can have some of them. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way!

Suzy

frow.gif

We get ours for free. We ask at a locally owned hardware store and they are happy to have them hauled off. Also we get some from a man that makes headstones for gravesights.

Kees, you want find out unless you ask. Look at it this way, your asking for your girls so what better reason is that right? So get out there and get those pallets.
thumbsup.gif
You can do it.

I get free pallets from a farm supply. They have large stacks and they have to pay to haul them off.The more I put to use the more the company saves money and the less that is hauled to land fill and burned. Guess its being green. Why should anyone be ashamed of helping the earth? Go green ask for free pallets!!! hehehe and it saves you and them some money.
wink.png

Just ask around at farm supplies, auto repair shops, stores industrial sites... the list is endless. Some will charge you, others will say they recycle them, and still others will let you have them.

Keep your scrounging radar on at all times and you just may find some here or there that are "unclaimed," and free for the taking.

Always be on the lookout.

Try craigslist, too

We get our pallets free. Check a local sign company. They give them away because they have to pay to have someone come take them off.

Back
Top Bottom