Where do you get your poults?

I'm thinking of buying hatchery choice from Welp next year. $6.13 apiece including shipping is pretty compelling when most places want 9-10$ apiece plus shipping for their choice. I'm not after breeding stock, just some nice "dinner companions"!
lau.gif

I ordered 7 Narragansett poults from Welp this past Summer and had 1 failure to thrive on arrival. I called them to report this and they credited me no questions asked. I've ordered from them 4 times now and I've been very pleased with the quality of their birds and the customer service given. The price includes shipping too which is nice. I haven't ordered from any other hatchery but I've had such a good experience with them that I'll continue getting my birds from them and other BYC members
smile.png

I went to a few swaps looking for them and then found poults on craigslist. Kids and I took a tour as they were more than an hour away but all were 5 weeks old and I bought 8. All the hatcheries wanted a person to order 15, I really only want three but am hoping that by getting 8 I would have both male and female. We are planning on eating the rest.

Back
Top Bottom