Where have my eggies gone???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by LaurenM23, Jan 18, 2011.

1. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    My three girls began laying in November at 24 weeks. I was shocked that they would start laying so late in the year, having understood that laying decreases or even stops in the winter. Immediately, we were getting a minimum of two eggs per day (one girl laid one per day, the other two seemed to take a day in between...sometimes daily). Now, production has stopped...no eggies at all in three days.

Did they just figure out what time of year it is? Should I be concerned over their health?

Everyone seems happy and healthy, eating well and active. Their feathers look great, no runny noses, clear eyes...great all around. If anything, our temps have been getting ever so slightly more mild (30s and 40s, from teens and 20s), so I'm not thinking it is temperature related stress. I sure don't mind how ever long it takes them to do their thing, I just don't want to ignore something if it is a sign of trouble.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

2. Crabella

Crabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    Are you sure nothing is eating your eggs... a hen, a "critter"? How often do you check for eggs?

3. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    I check in the morning and the afternoon. We've got the whole set-up locked down tight and there has been no evidence of anyone eating them, so I think they just aren't producing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by