1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where i can find patterns for drawing poultry?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MsMcChick, Mar 20, 2008.

1. MsMcChick

MsMcChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I do woodburned pictures and I would like to do a few specialized breeds as awards for the Michigan 4-H Poultry Show in May. I need something that is royalty free and doesn't require permission (or else a name/email/phone # tocontact). The pictures I like are just black and white line drawings like in coloringbooks. I like the APA coloring book, i've done a couple just for my kids out of that, but I'd love to have a few more patterns to tuck into my storage box! You can see some of my woodburnings here
    http:[email protected]
    Thanks All ~Tracy

2. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

3. MsMcChick

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Thanks Em, that is somewhat the type of picture i'm looking for, the lines are good, but I was hoping for a more lifelike picture. I'm only finding the comic type kids pictures and i want to come up with something resembling real breeds of birds. I know Dover Publications makes some awesome coloring books, but not many of poultry [​IMG]

4. emosilkie

emosilkie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2008
    East Coast
    This site has a bunch of links.
    http://jdqltr.home.att.net/chickens/

Me and my mom tried to find some patterns but ended up penciling
    over pictures we printed on her printer. It was cool.

5. MsMcChick

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Thanks guys, they were both interesting sites! If ONLY i could draw, LOL, I'd probably do just fine. I guess I need to mould one of my kids into becoming an artist [​IMG] I did find a couple useable patterns on there, thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by