Where I have been recently.....health issues

crzychickenlady

Songster
12 Years
Jan 31, 2007
Ok, some of you haven't seen much of me on here recently. I'm ready to tell everyone why...

I didn't tell everyone that while I was pregnant, I knew I had Cancer.....My tests came back when I started my prenatal visits and we had to wait to do anything. Which is prolly why I had such a hard pregnancy.
Well, my doctors office stopped taking my insurance, so I had to transfer my care to the state hospital here. I had the baby in April, by the time the idiots at the state hospital finally figured things out and made me go thru all the testing and biopsies again....I didn't get my surgery until November. In the time between my first testing and my last biopsy it had spread from just cervical to the uterus as well.

I had my hysterectomy on November 5th. The state hospital is a "learning" hospital, so I had 4 anesthesiologists, and 3 surgeons.
roll.png
Ohhh, and they put me on the maternity floor during my recovery....for me this wasn't an issue as I have children and did not want anymore....but a very cruel thing to do to someone who may not be the same as me....
Also, being a learning hospital, I have never seen the same doctor twice. Long story short about my horrible experience there, I am CANCER FREE and DO NOT have to have any further treatments!!

BUT......

3 weeks after my surgery, I get a call from my dad, he was in the hospital and had been for a week. They found out he had colon Cancer and needed surgery. I went to the hospital and waited while he had surgery. Luckily David took the day off and helped me with the baby. We were there for 7 hours! The surgeon told up that they had removed 98% of the tumor, but it had ruptured thru the colon and spread to the kidney and the pancreas and they could not remove that part.
My dad now has a colostomy bag, which we have been told is reversible after he is finished with his treatments. He will have to do BOTH Radiation and Chemo over a period of 6 months. After speaking to the oncologist, we are very optimistic that he will be just fine after the treatments.

THEN.....

1 week after my dad's surgery, my sister went in for hers. She found a lump and it was determined Cancerous. She opted to have a double mastectomy, due to the family history of Cancer, she wasn't taking any chances. She was upset to have the surgery, but she said "I might be losing both my girls, but I get to pick out new ones!!" She will be starting her treatments in a few weeks as well.

So.....you can see it's been a complete mess of chaos for me and my family in the last 2 months....I'm looking forward to a better year in 2010 and a healthy and happy....Cancer free....family!!

Oh my gosh! You certainly have been through it all.
hugs.gif
I'm so happy you are cancer free now, after all you had to endure. I hope and pray the rest of your family's health to be much better in 2010. Prayers being sent your way.
hugs.gif

Wow, what a year! Makes me ashamed for the whining I do over trivial things. Thanks for sharing, and I hope next year will be much better for you and your family.

What a hard year for you, but I serve a mighty God that can make it all make sense. I had brain surgery December 15th of last year. This year has been a trip, and has taught me the hard way what to expect the rest of my life. WOW is all I can say. But, I can live with it. Not as much is expected of me, and that is cool!

Cancer does help you look at things differently. That you chose to share says alot. Here's hope that you and your have a long and happy life.
Happy New Year
wee.gif

Last edited:
Yes, thank you for sharing your story. It really does put things in perspective doesn't it? All the more to cherish the ones who surround you with love. And I know I have a certain fondness for you and think of you like a sister and while we've never met and we've only chatted here and there... I can tell you have a wonderful spirit about you. I'm so happy to hear that your family is and will be getting treated and the outlook looks good. So very very happy.

much love,
gretchen

Back
Top Bottom