Where is a good place to buy a coop?

I built my Coop. (see my BYC page)Buying a prefab wouldn't have worked for my plan of a sub-ground level deep litter management method. Spent one summer building it, got chickens the next year----think your plan, adjust as things change, do your research. Then find out all the things you didn't think of or know forever after.

Quote:
I looked at the coop you built on your BYC page. You do wonderful work! I wish you lived in my area.

Thanks elmo, but I can only take credit for assisting on the housing, although the run was mine. DH does great work! We built our house together (me assisting again...lol), including hanging 12 ft. sheets of drywall while balancing on planks up high in our loft area...just DH and myself
th.gif
. This coop is my summer project, trying out what I've learned from hubby, and I'm having to run to him often to ask questions. It's shaping up nicely, although my birdmouth cuts are no works of art
tongue.png

Quote:
I live in Richmond County, about 1 hour southeast of Charlotte, and 45 minutes southwest of Fayteville. I am not sure how many chickens, it will depend on the coop we build/buy?

If you have a flatbed trailer or have access to one, you can find great deals on craigslist for playhouses. People have a hard time selling them because they're hard to move so if you keep looking and making offers you can get some great deals. They're easy to convert to coops.

Our first playhouse cost $100 and is converted to a coop. The second one was advertised for $500 but we ended up getting it for $300. It's a 2 story log cabin with a dormer window upstairs. That one we actually are using for a playhouse for the kids. Looking for another one for a second coop. We keep getting more birds...

Back
Top Bottom