Where is a good place to get quail egg cartons?

cool I will look around and see what I can find.
smile.png
thanks
big_smile.png

Quote:
You may want to edit your labels to read "coturnix" since that is the type of quail, I know it's a small thing...

Thanks, but I already mentioned that in my last message:

O.k. here it is. And yes, I know that Coturnix is spelled wrong on the label. (Thanks for being discreet and PMing me, so now I'll do my own disgracing and and admit it in front of over 25,000 people!!) But it was dd fault!! Honest!! She insisted that she didn't need to look up how it was spelt, because she knew for sure it was spelled Courtnix. Hmpf! Even sweet, 23 year old married daughters can be wrong once and awhile!!

Quote:
That is the information that we found on the internet. If you look up coturnix eggs, you will find that the nutrition in a regular quail egg is very little, but coturnix are extremely nutritious. We found this to be true on nearly every site we found that had nutrition information on coturnix eggs. With Organic feed, they are supposed to be even more nutritious. Not sure of the difference in nutrition with organic feed though. I consider them "a gold mine" of nutrition. We put them in salads, make omelets with them, send them with hubby in his lunch for work (it sure causes a distraction with the other workers!) They make wonderful snacks, and knowing how good for you they are, I feel really good knowing that my family is getting something that is great, nutritionally.

Here is an example of studies about the nutrition of a coturnix egg:

Coturnix eggs are characterized by a variety of color patterns. They range from snow white to completely brown. More commonly they are tan and dark brown speckled or mottled brown with a chalky blue covering. The average egg from mature female weighs a bout 10 grams (1/3 ounce), about 8 percent of the body weight of the quail hen as compared to 3 percent for chicken eggs. The egg of Japanese quail contains 158 Cal. of energy, 74.6% water, 13.1% protein, 11.2% fat, and 1.1% total ash. The mineral content includes 0.59 mg calcium, 220 mg phosphorus and 3.8 mg iron. The vitamin content is 300 i.u. of vitamin A, 0.12 mg of vitamin B1, 0.85 mg of vitamin B2 and 0.10 mg nicotinic acid.

Like I said, coturnix quail eggs are far superior to any other quail egg, nutritionally speaking. Notice that it has 300 i.u. of vitamin A, and CalorieKing does not list any vitamin A whatsoever in store bought chicken eggs. Notice also the higher protein content. When we did our research, there was a lot of sites with nutrition information that we could find, and so we averaged out what they all said for Corturnix quail eggs (not any other kind of quail egg like Calorie King used,) and came up with the 8 times the nutrition of a regular store bought egg. If I find time later to look up more sites, I will try to list them, as I know that we found them to be extremely interesting.

I need exactly that type carton but can't find them! I can't seem to locate them on the GQF site. Would you be interested in selling some of your cartons?

Thanks for the image and reply but I want the clear 10 pack type. I have looked and looked. Bought my first 50 from a place in Australia but even they don't have them any longer. I am waiting on a reply as to who their supplier was. So the search continues. If anyone here has this exact kind and wants to sell some, I'd be interested. I'm going to use luvmygirlsinAK 's link
to show the type carton again.... I'm new here and don't yet know how to post images.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18621_quail_egg_cartons_002.jpg

Thanks again! My goal in life is to retire and have chickens again. I had a small flock of 13 at one point and they were wonderful...some of the happiest times I've ever had but my zoning and small yard situation doesn't allow for hens.

Back
Top Bottom