Where is everyone finding eggs to hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NancyP, Dec 27, 2009.

1. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    I got a dickey incubator and can't find any barred rock eggs to put in it. [​IMG]
    Guess I need to be more patient.
    Nancy

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think many birds are molting right now, though the weather is cold. Some just take a break in really cold weather anyway. I wish mine were all laying! I have one pullet who is laying almost daily, but my only other hen who is currently laying is almost 4 years old and lays only about 3 eggs per week.

3. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Ebay and the auction board on here. I've had better results with the eggs I got from other BYC'ers then from ebay. That's just me though. Good luck!

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Under my hens. Both my barred girls, my blue rock and my partridge are laying. So are some of the Delawares, about half. We've had nasty weather and some are still moulting which is dumb but they don't get to choose their timing. But I'm not hatching now, the brooder is stuffed to the gills.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I have about a hundred birds and about a dozen eggs a day right now. Okay ladies, any day now... take your time. BACK to the salt mines!!! LOL. I figure if nature shuts them down it is for a reason. Not too many people want to buy eggs right now anyhow, so it sorta works out and keeps the feed bill down at the right time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by