Where is her nest?

MissyMoo

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
I just wanted to ask if there was any specific way to find a chicken's nest hidden in your yard?
I have 4 chickens 1 2 month old 1 6 month old 1 that is 9 months and finaly 1 that is about 10 months.
The 9 month old started laying about a week ago and I am not sure if the 10 month old is laying!
When ever I go twards a certain area of the yard she freaks out and stars pecking at me. Is it possible that she hasent started laying even though she is 10 months?

do you know if there is any way to get her to lay in a specific place?

mine are let out of their coops about 9 am and they wont go to the side of the yard if any one is there they normally lay while i am at school

what kind of chickens are they? most of mine were laying at 6 months...

there is probably a nest somewhere around if she gets super agitated at you.

just look for it. mine like to lay in the azalea bushes and its hard to see eggs in there. they also like to lay up against a tree, at the corner of the porch, any tight space they squeeze into or behind, etc.

Keep her penned up for a few days in the coop with a nest box with a fake egg or golf ball in there. Keep her up until she's laid for the day - then you can let her out.

After she lays a few days IN the right place, then you can start letting her out with the others and hopefully she'll remember the right place to put her eggs for ya!

Back
Top Bottom