Where is the best place to get eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kookykate328, Sep 25, 2011.

1. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    i was wondering where the best place to get hatching eggs is. where do you guys get your eggs

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Depends on what breed you are looking for. You could look at ebay "hatching eggs" or even post what you are looking for here on BYC.
    Some people even hatch the eggs they sell at Trader Joe.

3. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    BYC auctions

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    First you would need to decide by looking at listings photos, etc. which birds you want.
    Then I would say you should decide if you want "show" birds that could possibly win awards or just chickens that give you eggs.
    I like to buy from BYC because of the ability to see photos, get answers in a reasonable time frame and I can look at the feedback section of the seller.
    And of course while doing all of this:) you are calibrating your thermometer and hygrometer and getting a broody pen ready!

It's a gigantic but super hobby! Great luck hope I've helped. Be blessed. Nancy

5. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

the BEST place is from your own birds.. (no shipping and you know for certain how fresh they are)!

you can also check craigslist or with local farms

other than that.. here on the forums or on eBay

6. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
  7. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    thanks everyone

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by