Where my duck people at?!

My drake would always chase my dog away from my female every single day. My dog wasn’t allowed anywhere close to her!

haha omg!! Mine isn't super aggressive thankfully (yet!)- he charged at me once when I was knelt down and didn't even touch me. He's obviously trying to intimidate me. Good luck pal! Remember that i'm the one that feeds you!

haha omg!! Mine isn't super aggressive thankfully (yet!)- he charged at me once when I was knelt down and didn't even touch me. He's obviously trying to intimidate me. Good luck pal! Remember that i'm the one that feeds you!

Mine hasn’t tried me yet. It always cracks me up because my dog is about 60 pounds and he will run up to her and nip her tail and her nose. Sometimes I think he has a death wish!

hahaha little man syndrome! I don't care how big you are, i'll mess you up if you come near my girl!!:lau

He cracks me up! Even though he bites her, my dog loves to play with him. They run around my yard chasing each other and I’m
Not sure if my drake was doing it for fun or trying to defend his lady. He really is a hoot!

Oh yeah! I got the separation blues alright!!! Lol

My male Pekin, Ted has been separated since about this time last year. I started out with a male and female, once they got to breeding age I noticed Miss Bill neck going bald. I set up a separation gate with the pen. Bill and Ted would alternate days on free ranging while I was gone at work. When I got home I would let them hang together but Ted always gets locked up in the separation pen at night. He can see Bill but he can't touch her.

Then I order female ducklings this past February, you know to help Ted and his urges.... that back fired when two of them ended up being males:eek: this summer I had the whole entire back yard separated!!! Bill and the new young ones on one side and Ted on the other side. I was fortunate to find a great home for my young males in just the right time because Ted and the 2 males started fighting through the fence!!!

I found some young females for Ted this past fall and all was going good until he caused injures to 2 of the 4 females!! He still gets locked up at night by himself and can only be left unsupervised with Miss Bill.

You just have to keep an eye on him to make sure he is not getting to rough with his gal. If he does.....as I like say! That's it, you're off to drake jail again!!!!

Back
Top Bottom