Where my duck people at?!

Yes! My hen had a bald spot on her neck from him pulling so hard!
A certain amount of this is just going to happen. .ducks are pretty rough with their sexual behavior. I've even had two hens that were giving each other bald necks playing too much hop on top :rolleyes:
I just try to pull out a drake and put him in time out if he is being extremely aggressive and not giving the girls a break. Especially if they are chasing them around making them run too much and pinning them down on dry land.

I have observed with my ducks that sometimes one particular hen can get over mated even when the ratio is good. So even when you are able to get more girls it's something to watch for. :)
Watch for feathers missing on your girls neck, sometimes they will even get a bald spot and get bloody on their neck and or back.
Very good to know thanks for your advice!!

A certain amount of this is just going to happen. .ducks are pretty rough with their sexual behavior. I've even had two hens that were giving each other bald necks playing too much hop on top :rolleyes:
I just try to pull out a drake and put him in time out if he is being extremely aggressive and not giving the girls a break. Especially if they are chasing them around making them run too much and pinning them down on dry land.
Time out!! Bad duck!! Haha great to know ill have to practice that if it comes down to it!

A few of my Hens get bald necks but they are the more willing Hens. Duck breeding is rough. All you can do is keep an eye on how randy he is. Separate if needed and get a couple more Hens...:frow

Is it normal for males to try to protect their female also? My male who was very sweet and docile is coming into his hormones now and has tried to charge at me a few times when I go out into their coop. Little jerk lol

Is it normal for males to try to protect their female also? My male who was very sweet and docile is coming into his hormones now and has tried to charge at me a few times when I go out into their coop. Little jerk lol
Definitely he is telling you she is his...:gig..Carry a stick or broom and get him moving away from you, not towards you.

Back
Top Bottom