Where not to buy a coop

flockof4

Songster
9 Years
Feb 10, 2010
Webster Groves, MO
Don't buy a chicken coop from My Amish Goods. We did and they said it would be here on or around August 22. Today is October 6 and it's still not here. They missed the mark by over 6 weeks.
sad.png

August 22, 2011? or August 22, 2012? :roll eyes: Maybe they are delivering it using horse and buggy. I hope you don't have chickens waiting to move in. If so, what are you doing with them while you wait?

I ordered one from Horizon Structures....made it to my house in 2 1/2 weeks. Love the look of the coop, but it seems to be not working so well for us. The "coop cleaner' option seemed like a great idea, but it actually makes it harder to clean. I also hate having to go into it to change water and add food because I have to crouch into it. I also have to rearrange the run so that my jerk neighbor will be happy, which means a whole new setup. Couldn't really figure out how to make it work without spending a fortune, so I did the only logical thing.....I am starting over from scratch. Just ordered a whole new coop and run from Greenchickencoop.com. Nice guy, good prices and hopefully quick delivery time.

After the new stuff is here, I'll be selling the old one. Technically it is "old" but it has only been occupied since August. Still brand new!

Last edited:
I don't like to see Amish goods bad-mouthed over delivery time. This is a disadvantage of these high quality products that are NOT built in a factory assembly line. The builder's family may be going through hardship.

Tis a good, green thing to do to support Amish-built products.

This isn't the first time I've seen complaints about this company. I personally would not buy from them based on how many people are unhappy. If they have trouble getting orders out in time due to their production methods, they shouldn't be taking so many orders. But then I don't hold the Amish up on a pedestal like a lot of people seem to do.

I feel that if Amish (or anyone!) want to do business with people outside their community, then they should be held to business standards, and 6 weeks late is not the standard. It's very poor. Have you had any contact with them?

Quote:
Good! The Amish are the main owners of puppy mills in the midwest, believe it or not, and their horses are overworked and break down young.
sad.png
They are NOT paragons of virtue by any stretch of the imagination!

Back
Top Bottom