Where to Buy Barred Rocks for Breeding

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by MeerKat, Dec 5, 2010.

1. MeerKat

MeerKat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Anyone here selling good quality BRs ? I have a roo that seems to be good stock except he's getting mean because we don't handle him much I guess. We got 6 roos from ideal and he seemed to be the biggest and had godform far as we know .

I was not satisfied with the leghorns we got this last time, they seem smaller and have black or darks colored spots on the white leghorns . We got 5 whites and 5 browns and they sent 6 barred rock roos without us ordering them .

An reason why we shoudl not use BRs for meat and eggs ? We have never had these before and know nothing aout their habits or nature .

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Might consider posting a Wanted Ad over in the Auction/etc section...

Also there very likely is a BR Topic over in Breeds where you might get some leads.

Good luck in your hunt!

3. MeerKat

MeerKat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Quote:Thanks for reply . I have an old webtv system that is getting worse with time .

It took me 5 minutes to get the page up and then it booted off . My fault not the web site . Any page that has lots of pictures on boots me off, and I don't last a second on page with videos .

But I thought maybe someone here could help out with some answers ,until we can upgrade .

Also I didn't see barred rock on the breeds page , are they called something else ?

4. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    they may be under plymouth rocks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by