Where To Buy Chickens

madditremaine

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
Lyles Tennessee
I am looking for chickens, and week old chicks, and I know its a little out of season, but I'm wanting to get some before my family moves, just so that in the struggle of moving I'm not looking frantically around for chickens. I'm looking for Buff Orpingtons and Barred Rocks. I'm not sure where to look, and I've been on the internet the last two days looking and haven't found anything in the Virginia area. I'm wanting close to Bristol Tn. or Va. and I wouldn't mind driving to Knoxville, but I'm getting tired of looking and not finding anything. Anybody got some?

Have you tried Facebook? A lot of areas have their own chicken groups where you can find people local to you who also have chickens. Could be another place to look.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

You may want to try asking on the Virginia thread: Virginia You may find some people nearby with some extra birds.

And, check out the Buy, Sell, Trade section: Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade

Good luck in your search!

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, it is getting late in the year to find chicks. Definitely stop by your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors. Maybe someone nearby has some for you. Nice breeds you are thinking about! Orps and Rocks are some friendly fun birds to keep. Great on the laying as well.

I hope you can find some birds soon!!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You've gotten some good suggestions above on finding chicks, if you want to ship, Ideal did have at least Buff Orp chicks available straight run the end of October a few days ago, good luck in your search!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Wyandottes has given you some good links to check out.

Those breeds are sure GREAT ones!

Back
Top Bottom