Where to Buy Chicks around Austin, TX???

Teepov

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 21, 2012
Austin, TX
Hello All,
I'm trying to find someone or someplace that sells chicks in the Austin area, outside of the typical production varieties; not necessarily rare, but since I own chickens for their companionship
hugs.gif
and beauty, I like having interesting breeds and am not interested in their egg laying abundance.
I had used Hill Country Poultry, but they are no longer in business. I have tried Callahan's, BuckMoore and Craigslist. Currently, however, none of these has many chicks, especially that aren't heavy production birds.

I am specifically looking for Dorkings and Faverolles, as I recently my two favorite and friendliest girls (who I miss so much!!), but I am interested in all breeds. If you know of anyone, or of a place please let me know! I prefer chicks to full grown hens or pullets.

You can PM me, email me: [email protected], or text: 850 591 4859.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
i have silkies, sizzles and d'uccles but they are unsexed they are a month old or younger. i am about an hour away from you near Temple

i have silkies, sizzles and d'uccles but they are unsexed they are a month old or younger. i am about an hour away from you near Temple

I have a question. Will you have any silkies end of May begining of June? I work for KISD and I want to be wait until we are on break. :) thank you.

yes, i have hatched out many of my own and more from mailed eggs from show lines, right now i am only culling the obvious (like foot irregularities) but i will have more to sell off later when i can see if i want them in my breeding program. i have about 45-50 i think, but that includes sizzles and showgirls. i also will be removing some breeders from my line.are you wanting really young ones or just chicks? i currently have more sizzles/silkies in the incubator right now set to hatch on 4/13.

yes, i have hatched out many of my own and more from mailed eggs from show lines, right now i am only culling the obvious (like foot irregularities) but i will have more to sell off later when i can see if i want them in my breeding program. i have about 45-50 i think, but that includes sizzles and showgirls. i also will be removing some breeders from my line.are you wanting really young ones or just chicks? i currently have more sizzles/silkies in the incubator right now set to hatch on 4/13.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to much. I just prefer end of May time frame. If you don't mind letting me know if/when you will have some then? Thank you!!

a couple of places that come to mind that are worth looking into, Kings feed in Wimberly sells chicks(waterfowl, turkeys, chickens) this time of year. they get some interesting ones . The custom chicken coop(I think that is their name too) sells chicks in the spring. I picked up 3 Sicilian buttercup chicks last year-they are fantastic members of our flock. they do super well with our climate and surprisingly good layers too. There is a gentleman in marblefalls that has cream legbars, his name escapes me, hopefully he will chime in(he lurks BYC forum).
I have marraduna basque (greenfire farm birds) that are super friendly. If you are interested in hatching some eggs, I'd be happy to help you.
Good luck in your search!

There have been several craigslist adds for rare breeds in Leander lately. I have Blue/Black and Splash Copper Marans eggs if you want to hatch yourself and a few in the incubator due to hatch over the next couple of weeks. I've been hoping to find Golden Cuckoo Marans myslelf.

a couple of places that come to mind that are worth looking into, Kings feed in Wimberly sells chicks(waterfowl, turkeys, chickens) this time of year. they get some interesting ones . The custom chicken coop(I think that is their name too) sells chicks in the spring. I picked up 3 Sicilian buttercup chicks last year-they are fantastic members of our flock. they do super well with our climate and surprisingly good layers too. There is a gentleman in marblefalls that has cream legbars, his name escapes me, hopefully he will chime in(he lurks BYC forum).
I have marraduna basque (greenfire farm birds) that are super friendly. If you are interested in hatching some eggs, I'd be happy to help you.
Marraduna Basques look gorgeous.

Thanks for the suggestions :)
What breeds do you have fertilized eggs from?

Back
Top Bottom