Where to Buy Duramycin-10

GigiCH

Chirping
Aug 8, 2018
Euharlee, Ga
Hi there,
:confused:what can we use instead or where can we buy Duramycin-10 (Tetracycline Hidrochloride Soluble Powder)? Our farm supply store do not sale it any longer. We have used for our flock with good success and currently need it or a replacement.
Suggestions welcome, Gg

It is no longer sold at feed stores since 2017 when the FDA had most antibiotics removed. This was done to prevent some from using antibiotics and contributing to antibiotic resistance. But many vets will not see chickens, so the ones who cansee a vet are usually the ones who might be treated. Sometimes you can get around it by using injectable oxytetracycline in refrigerated medicines at feed stores (needles and syringes are needed as well to remove it from the vial.) Tylan or tylosin was a good alternative, but it too is no longer available, unless the pigeon supply companies get it back instock. You might try getting doxycycline for pigeons online. It will treat MG/CRD symptoms, but won’t cure it. What symptoms are you seeing in your sick bird?

Last edited:
It is no longer sold at feed stores since 2017 when the FDA had most antibiotics removed. This was done to prevent some from using antibiotics and contributing to antibiotic resistance. But many vets will not see chickens, so the ones who cansee a vet are usually the ones who might be treated. Sometimes you can get around it by using injectable oxytetracycline in refrigerated medicines at feed stores (needles and syringes are needed as well to remove it from the vial.) Tylan or tylosin was a good alternative, but it too is no longer available, unless the pigeon supply companies get it back instock. You might try getting doxycycline for pigeons online. It will treat MG/CRD symptoms, but won’t cure it. What symptoms are you seeing in your sick bird?
She is losing breast weight and lethargic. Usually a bit a duramycin in the water will do.

I have a hen that has not been feeling well probably for a month, but today I was off and able to grab her, and give her a bath, and quarantine her in a dog crate in a shed. She is eating and drinking well but watery diarrhea. Will Liqui-mycin from tractor supply work?
or there a bird antibiotic on Chewy but I'll that takes a while to get here.

Back
Top Bottom