where to buy hatching eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fugly1100, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Fugly1100

Fugly1100 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2011
    Killen AL
    I lost my rooster on DEC 28 to a neighbors dog, i saved what eggs i had left (8) and one of my hens went broody on them. she gave up with only a few days left til hatch and i am devastated. with the addition of a larger coop i really need some fettered friends to fill the coop and the void in my heart. i will be buying a incubator from my local TSC to raise more chicks but i no longer have any fetal eggs. I'm thinking about buying some barred rocks but Ive never purchased hatching eggs before and i need some direction on who to buy from. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    I've found two folks locally selling fertile eating eggs for $2.50 and $3 a dozen. Turns out they both have closed flocks of Rhode Island Reds. The first are hatching at over 80% and I have just started a batch from the second seller so I can see how they do.
    No way you can beat that buying and shipping in hatching eggs. Ask around at your local feed stores or check local bulletin boards. I bet you can find fertile hatching eggs close to home for a great price.

3. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Buy from this website. Best place to buy. The people on here are honest about what they have and most people ship fantastically. This is also one of the few websites where you can buy purebreds, even rare purebreds.

4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    What breeds are you looking for? Deb

5. miraclesnow

miraclesnow Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2012
    I would like to buy some hatching eggs from you if you have any for sale.
    Thank you
    [email protected] from NC

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by