Where to buy Pine Shavings

antiquebuff

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Franklin, NC
I cannot find a place to buy pine shavings. Do you buy them by the bag or truck load? I am in a rural community.
hmm.png

Help Please and Thanks!

chicken coops I use saw dust from a local mill in my horse stalls I buy pine shavings for. The ones I get are packaged by agway but I buy them at coles hardware cause that's were they are cheaper. Its a compressed 3.5 yard bag that opens up to cover 5 sq feet according to the bag.
My best advise would be call around to diffent feed stores, tractor supplies and hardware stores and ask if they have them and for a price. Go where ever the price is best. Just make sure you get pine.

Look in your phone book under lumberyards, lumber mills.. they will have them or know where to purchase lg. quainties. If you only need small amounts check w/ feed stores Southern states, Lowes, TSC, all have them around here..Good Luck...Dixie

for ours we lucked out, my DH spotted a truck with a sign on it and he jotted down the number. turns out a nearby lumbermill wants to get rid of their shavings so they deliver them free! we got a huge truckload full and its lasted and lasted.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom