Where to find chicken nipples??? I'm feeling like an idiot.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by nikki1, Mar 23, 2012.

1. nikki1

nikki1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Eatonville, WA
    I really want to work up a chicken nipple watering system in my under-construction coop, but I don't know where to get the nipples. I haven't seen them in catalogs, and I've cruised through the aisles at the feed store, but I can't find them. Maybe I'm asking for the wrong thing. Do they have another name? I could ask at the feed store, but I'd feel pretty stupid asking for chicken nipples. I can see the clerk now smirking and saying, "Sure we have 'em, lady. They're on aisle 13 between the horse feathers and the hens' teeth."

Help me out here! I have an absolute talent for saying just the wrong thing anyway, without having to ask a stranger for chicken nipples!

--Nikki

2. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    most feed stores carry them or you can get them on amazon or ebay

3. bnjrob

bnjrob Overrun With Chickens

Dec 31, 2008
    North TX
    Here's where I got mine http://www.qcsupply.com/chicken-waterers-drinkers They have several choices of nipples, fast shipping, and were cheaper than other places I found.

FYI - everyone always says to use the 11/32 drill bit for all the nipples. For the push-in nipples, 3/8 inch drill bit seems to be better and gets you a tighter seal.

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by