Where to find good priced coops

JayFeather

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Hey I'm new at the whole chicken thing but I've read almost everything I could find about chickens. I'm pretty sure I have prepared for all the stuff I need to buy like the type of feed,what knd of chicken (Australorp
i like eggs) and the other basics....except for the coop...I am looking for a place where I can buy a reasonably priced chicken coop in ontario CA that can hold up to 6 chickens.

JayFeather

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Oh and as a side note...I've heard there is a place in waterloo where you can buy chickens, does anyone know where or what it's called? thx

Ole rooster

Songster
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
Milner, Georgia
I've seen some on craigslist that would work for me that were $300 to $400 less than I spent to build mine. There are two in North Georgia that really look good.

AlienChick

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Glasgow, KY
Quote:Are you in Canada or California?

There is a place in Waterloo, Ontario in Canada that sells chickens.

The closest place to Ontario, CAL would probably be north of you at Belt Hatchery in Fresno.

hensandchickscolorado

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Englewood Colorado
Don't buy any of the $300-$400 ones you see on the pet store websites or ebay.

I struggled tremendously to find an inexpensive yet sturdy coop. I wound up with paying a college kid to build me a 4x6 coop with recycled wood for $350. For another $150(cost mostly hardware cloth), I built a large run.

Good luck!

Top Bottom