Where to find good priced coops

JayFeather

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Hey I'm new at the whole chicken thing but I've read almost everything I could find about chickens. I'm pretty sure I have prepared for all the stuff I need to buy like the type of feed,what knd of chicken (Australorp
big_smile.png
i like eggs) and the other basics....except for the coop...I am looking for a place where I can buy a reasonably priced chicken coop in ontario CA that can hold up to 6 chickens.
smile.png

Oh and as a side note...I've heard there is a place in waterloo where you can buy chickens, does anyone know where or what it's called? thx

I've seen some on craigslist that would work for me that were $300 to $400 less than I spent to build mine. There are two in North Georgia that really look good.

Quote:
Are you in Canada or California?

There is a place in Waterloo, Ontario in Canada that sells chickens.

The closest place to Ontario, CAL would probably be north of you at Belt Hatchery in Fresno.

smile.png

Don't buy any of the $300-$400 ones you see on the pet store websites or ebay.

I struggled tremendously to find an inexpensive yet sturdy coop. I wound up with paying a college kid to build me a 4x6 coop with recycled wood for $350. For another $150(cost mostly hardware cloth), I built a large run.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom