Where to find high quality mottled bantam cochins

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cicene mete, Jun 14, 2009.

1. cicene mete

cicene mete Songster

Jun 19, 2008
    Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good breeder of mottled cochins. Someone gave me the name of a breeder, but he no longer works with cochins. I have a pair of Mille Fleur cockerels, and I want to begin breeding them with mottled cochins so that in two generations I can get more Millies. I can handle hatching eggs [​IMG], chicks [​IMG], or adults [​IMG], as long as the person can ship to me in Western Massachusetts.

I know that I can get them from a hatchery, but I'd rather start with high quality, even though I am relatively new at this.

Thanks as always! [​IMG]

2. cicene mete

cicene mete Songster

Jun 19, 2008
    PS, I should clarify that I'm not interested in blue mottled but rather good old-fashioned black-and-white.

3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Crowing

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I used to know a good breeder but they went out of business. What about Casey Ree, he is around sometimes and his user name is something like frizzleroostercasey or something like that. If you can find the cochin site there may be breeders there. Also try posting in the wanted section.

4. tate

tate Songster

Mar 17, 2007
    some where in FL
    jamie matts in new york

5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: