Where to find oxytetracycline?

chicken30009

In the Brooder
May 18, 2022
My turkeys and chickens recently became sick and began dying off rapidly (my pullets and senior birds began showing symptoms Thursday evening and died before Tuesday when the first appointment was available). The symptoms were eyes swollen shut, mouth and sinus discharge, sinus swelling, and lethargic behavior. I took a turkey to the vet suspecting it had Mycoplasma and the vet said he believed that as well but couldn’t be sure without a necropsy. The only treatment is oxytetracycline and he recommended that but could not prescribe it due to new laws in our state about antibiotics in birds. He also said that the injectable form caused muscle atrophy/death in birds.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get this in powdered form in Florida, Alabama, or Georgia? I’m willing to travel further if need be. Or have you used the injectable form? I have the injectable form because I’ve treated cattle with it, I just don’t want to risk making them sicker. I have never experienced such a rapid loss and I am devastated. I have about 100 birds left and I want to save as many as possible.

Try Jedds Pigeon Supply - if they do not have Tetracycline, I know that they have Doxycycline - same family of drugs.

Back
Top Bottom