Where to get a peacock?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by mhaddon, Apr 6, 2012.

1. mhaddon

mhaddon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    Ok so I'm learning a peacock is a peafowl right? If so what are the benefits of having them and where can you get them?
    Thanks!

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    They're beautiful to have around. In many cases you can find peafowl in the farm and garden section of your local craigslist

3. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    They are really fun birds. They are fun to just watch and they do some funny things sometimes. The peacocks are really fun to watch display and it is fun watching peahens raise their peachicks.

I like referring to the Peafowl Breeders' Directory for local breeders in my area. It helps out a lot. Just click on your state and it will give you a listing of all the peafowl breeders in your state. http://www.peafowl.org/breeders.htm

4. kyfarm

kyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Hello where are you located. we are in western kentucky we dont ship. we are on facebook hodgepodge farm and hodgepodge hatchery we have a breeding peafowl flock so we sell the chicks throughout the summer. if not close enough to come there is a site united peafowl international. may be able to find some close to you. thanks [email protected]

5. preciousjesus3

preciousjesus3 New Egg

Jul 8, 2015
    Where in Houston, tx area can I get a peacock?

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I have some what color you need?
    I am 12 miles from the Lousiana border and 2 miles off of IH10

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by