Where to get amoxicillin for chickens?

Chikenshiken

Songster
Feb 1, 2023
what do you guys use for amoxicillin for your chickens? I’m having a hard time finding any amoxicillin for pets without a prescription. I’ve seen some people use fish amoxicillin, is that safe?

I’ve used it. Does it work? Idk, but my chicken and a duck that were not doing well got better.
Read a lot about it, and it sounded worth a try.
And it’s super cheap in price.
Got it off Amazon. Or was it eBay?…

There is a reason why you should not use antibiotics without prescription.
Wrongly used / used too much it can cause resistent bacteria.

There is a reason why you should not use antibiotics without prescription.
Wrongly used / used too much it can cause resistent bacteria.
Nah, resistant bacteria remains in the host and doesn't spread. That's why doctors tell you to finish you complete course of antibiotics, so all the bacteria dies. And when you don't finish them, and your infection comes back worse, they don't give your family a dose of antibiotics because those resistant bacteria are going to spread or anything, and if you die from it the resistant bacteria doesn't go spreading around to other people. It dies with you. They just say "resistant bacteria" to have a reason not to let medicine be openly practiced in America because medicine in America makes more money that any other thing in the entire world. It actually kind of reminds me of the chicken industry in America.

what do you guys use for amoxicillin for your chickens? I’m having a hard time finding any amoxicillin for pets without a prescription. I’ve seen some people use fish amoxicillin, is that safe?
What problem does your chicken have? I just cured my granddaughters rooster's eye infection with colloidal silver. His eye was swollen shut and had gunk. I removed the gunk and flushed it twice a day and dripped colloidal silver in it and squirted some in his mouth and his eye was open after 1 day and was wide open after 3 days. The reason I say this is because sometimes I want to reach for antibiotics when other things might work better.

resistant bacteria remains in the host and doesn't spread. That's why doctors tell you to finish you complete course of antibiotics, so all the bacteria dies.
Yes its important to finish the prescription. But otherwise .. dream on. It isn’t true the bacteria stay inside the host all the time. Infections/bacteria do spread.

Due to the use of antibiotics., farmers in my country are quite often infected with bacteria that have developed resistance to all available antibiotics. Its very rare in people without such profession.

Hospitals here ask for your procession for risk management at an intake. Farmers are not mingled with other patients. Doctors use extra protective clothing.

All this is why they restricted the use of antibiotics for animals so much.

Yes its important to finish the prescription. But otherwise .. dream on. It isn’t true the bacteria stay inside the host all the time. Infections/bacteria do spread.

Due to the use of antibiotics., farmers in my country are quite often infected with bacteria that have developed resistance to all available antibiotics. Its very rare in people without such profession.

Hospitals here ask for your procession for risk management at an intake. Farmers are not mingled with other patients. Doctors use extra protective clothing.

All this is why they restricted the use of antibiotics for animals so much.
In my opinion not being able to treat our own animals without a prescription will cause more to die than it saves

Back
Top Bottom